Effective as of July 11, 2018
By visiting this website, you consent to the collection and use of your Personal Data as described herein. If you do not agree with the terms set out herein, please do not visit this website. If required by applicable law, we will seek your explicit consent to process Personal Data collected on this website or volunteered by you. Kindly note that any consent will be entirely voluntary. However, if you do not grant the requested consent to the processing of your Personal Data, the use of this website may not be possible.
- Explain the way we use information that you share with us;
- Ensure that you understand what information we collect with your permission, and what we do and do not do with it.
2. Scope of this Policy
3. Data Collected
We may collect the following data, which includes personal data, from you:
- First name, last name, date of birth;
- Contact information such as email addresses, mailing addresses, billing information, and telephone numbers;
- Images for our services or your profile picture;
- Identity verification information such as driver’s license or passport;
- Demographic information such as zip code/postcode, preferences and interests;
- Payment information such as credit and/or debit card numbers or your bank account number;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- Communications with other users of the Pure CrashPads Platform;
- Geo-location information;
- Log data and device information;
- Operating system (automatically collected); and
- Where our site does require an account, we will collect usernames and passwords.
4. How we use the data collected
Consistent with the permissions you give us to collect the information, we may use the information we collect, including your personal information:
- to provide, personalize, and improve your experience with the Services and products, and advertising (including for third-party products and services) made available on or outside the Site;
- internal record keeping;
- to meet contractual obligations;
- to ensure technical functionality of the Site, develop new services, and analyze your use of the Service, including your interaction with the Site;
- to communicate with you for Site-related or research purposes including via email;
- to enable you to communicate with other users of the Site;
- to communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, for marketing and promotional purposes via emails, notifications, or other messages, consistent with any permissions you may have communicated to us. You may opt out by emailing us;
- to process your payment or prevent or detect fraud;
Our Site uses Google Analytics. Google Analytics collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. We use this information to better understand how visitors find Pure CrashPads and how they interact with our Site. We can use this to make adjustments to our website, to deliver a better user experience.
5. Privacy Law & Our Legal Obligations
Relevant in line with Pure CrashPads internal processes and systems, this website is designed to comply with the following policies:
UK Data Protection Act 1998
EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Websites that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please follow the contact details set out in Section 18.
We will reveal a user’s personal information without his/her prior permission only when we have reason to believe that the disclosure of this information is required to establish the identity of, to contact or to initiate legal proceedings against a person or persons who are suspected of infringing rights or property belonging to Crash Pad Incorporated or to others who could be harmed by the user’s activities or of persons who could (deliberately or otherwise) transgress upon these rights and property. We are permitted to disclose personal information when we have good reason to believe that this is legally required.
If you are unsure about our compliance in your country, please contact us. Contact details can be found in Section 19 below.
6. Third-party websites and services
7. Links to other websites
8. Changes of business ownership and control
In the above instances, we will take steps to ensure your privacy is protected.
9. Controlling use of your data
We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Data. This may include the following:
- use of data for direct marketing purposes; and
- sharing data with third parties.
You also have the right to access your data that has been collected and maintained by us.
If you wish to access or restrict the use of your data, please contact us at email@example.com.
10. Functionality of the website
11. Changes to your Personal Data
You may change any of your Personal Data in your account by contacting us directly (please see contact information below). You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements) or we may instead choose to suppress your Personal Data rather than delete it in order that we can retain enough information to ensure that your preferences are respected in the future. When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives.
Data security is of great importance to Crash Pad Incorporated. To protect your data, we have implemented physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected via this website. If password access is required for certain parts of the website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
We endeavor to do our best to protect your personal data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your data transmitted to the website. Our Data controller will notify the relevant supervisory authority within 72 hours of becoming aware of a data breach as required by law.
Before the website places cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a pop-up requesting your consent to set those cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of cookies, you are enabling Crash Pad Incorporated to provide a better experience and improve services we provide to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of cookies; however, certain features of the website may not function fully or as intended.
This website may place the following cookies:
|Type of Cookie||Purpose|
|Strictly Necessary Cookies||These cookies are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log in to secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart, or make use of e-billing services.|
|Analytical/Performance Cookies||These allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors to our website and to see how visitors navigate on our website. This helps us improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that you can easily find what you’re looking for.|
|Functionality Cookies||These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).|
You can choose to enable or disable cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept cookies, but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
You can choose to delete cookies at any time; however, you may lose information that enables you to access the website more efficiently including, but not limited to, personalization settings.
It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is updated and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
Crash Pad Incorporated is not directed to minors under the age of 18. (In some countries, stricter age limits may apply. See our Terms.) We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18 or under the applicable age limit (the “Age Limit”). If you are under the age limit, do not use the Service and do not provide any personal information to us. If you are a parent of a child under the age limit and become aware that your child has provided personal information to Crash Pad Incorporated, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you may request exercise of your applicable access, rectification, cancellation, and/or objection rights. If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and wish to remove publicly available content, please contact us at email@example.com.
15. Data transfer to other countries
16. Data Storage.
All data collected by Crash Pad Incorporated will be stored in secure hosting facilities provided by SiteWired Web Solutions, Inc. and Liquid Web, LLC. Crash Pad Incorporated’s contract with its hosting provider ensures that all hosting is performed in accordance with the security regulations. Accordingly, we adhere to practices and policies that aim to safeguard the data.
We will not retain data longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations. Customer account and related information are not deleted unless requested. Image files are deleted automatically after 90 days, unless requested to remove. Users with an active account will therefore have the responsibility to delete data when required. When a user’s account is terminated or expired, all Personal Data collected through the platform will be deleted, as required by applicable law.
Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
19. Contact Information